Bargains4078 (we us, our) owns and operates Bargains4078 online retail store www.bargains4078.com.au.
Privacy laws that apply to Bargains4078
Bargains4078 is required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles ('APPs') set out in that Act. The APPs establish minimum standards for the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information. They apply to personal information in any form, including electronic and digital form. The APPs can be accessed at the website of the office of the Australian Information Commissioner: www.privacy.gov.au.
Bargains4078 is also subject to other laws relating to the protection of personal information. Bargains4078's direct marketing activities must also comply with the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) and the Spam Act 2010 (Cth).
- 'Privacy Law' refers to any legislative or other legal requirement that applies to Bargains4078's collection, use, disclosure or handling of personal information.
- 'Personal information' means information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in material form or not. Personal information includes sensitive information.
- 'Sensitive information' means personal information about an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or memberships, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, professional or trade association/union memberships, sexual preferences and practices or criminal record.
Why does Bargains4078 collect personal information?
Bargains4078 collects personal information in order to:
- manage and administer the products and services we provide, including for billing and credit control purposes;
- inform customers about changes and improvements in Bargains4078 products and services;
- market Bargains4078 products and services to current and prospective customers;
- market third party products and services to current and prospective customers; and
- comply with our legal obligations.
Bargains4078 needs to be able to collect personal information for most of its business activities, although the information we require depends on the particular circumstances. If we are unable to collect the personal information we need, we may be unable to meet the expectations of our customers or provide the products and services they wish to receive.
Whose personal information does Bargains4078 collect?
Bargains4078 collects or holds personal information about individuals who are:
- Prospective customers. This includes people we think may be interested in our products and services as well as people who have expressed interest in obtaining or learning more about those products and services.
- Current customers. This includes people who purchase Bargains4078 products or services.
- Past customers. These are people who have purchased Bargains4078 products or services.
Bargains4078 may treat current and past customers as prospective customers for other Bargains4078 products and services.
Bargains4078 may collect personal information about associates of its customers, such as family members, employees or agents. For example, Bargains4078 may collect personal information about nominated or authorised representatives, the holder of a credit card that is used to pay a customer's account or the nominated contact on an account.
Bargains4078 may in rare circumstances collect personal information from people who are under the age of 18. If Bargains4078 does this, Bargains4078 may also collect personal information about the parent or guardian of that person.
Bargains4078 also collects personal information about all the individuals who are involved in providing Bargains4078 products and services. This includes:
- staff of Bargains4078 and
- service providers and suppliers, agents and affiliates, and their staff.
Can you deal with Bargains4078 without identifying yourself?
In some limited situations customers and other individuals may be able to deal with Bargains4078 anonymously or using a pseudonym. For example, if you make a general inquiry to one of our call centres, or want to make a complaint or log a service fault unless the inquiry or complaint relates to a particular account.
However, if you do not wish to be identified we may not be able to provide the information or assistance you require.
What personal information does Bargains4078 usually collect?
Bargains4078 collects a wide range of personal information about its customers, but the type and amount of information collected depends on the particular business context. However, Bargains4078 seeks at all times to ensure that it only collects the personal information that is necessary for the purposes of its business activities.
Bargains4078 needs to collect basic identifying and contact information for all customers, including prospective customers. This will usually include name, email address, telephone number(s) and delivery address.
Bargains4078 also collects information about purchasing patterns, consumer preferences and attitudes from prospective and current customers for marketing purposes, including to analyse markets, develop marketing strategies and to identify and develop products and services that may be of interest to its customers.
When you become a Bargains4078 customer, Bargains4078 collects a range of other information that that it needs to assess your application and manage your account(s). This includes:
- Financial and credit information, including bank account and credit card information. We need this information to process your order.
We also collect information about the way our customers use Bargains4078 products and services. This includes information about:
- responses to offers made and/or promotions run by Bargains4078 or its affiliates; and
- inquiries and complaints.
We collect information about our employees and prospective employees for the purpose of making employment decisions and managing our staff. We also collect information about suppliers, service providers, agents and affiliates, and their staff, for the purposes of conducting our day-to-day business activities.
How does Bargains4078 collect personal information?
We collect personal information by various means and via various media, depending on the particular business context.
We collect information about prospective customers both directly and via our agents, service providers and affiliates. We may collect this information:
- through Bargains4078 websites, or websites operated by Bargains4078's affiliates;
- through social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook; and
- through the purchase of marketing lists, databases and data aggregation services.
When you apply to become a Bargains4078 customer, we will ask you to consent to us collecting information from particular third parties. We will only collect personal information from those parties if you consent. If you do not consent, we may not be able to provide the service or product you require. We are authorised to collect some personal information from third parties under Privacy Law.
Bargains4078 receives unsolicited personal information from time to time. In accordance with its obligations under Privacy Law, Bargains4078 will decide whether it would have been permitted to solicit and collect that information and if it would not have been, will destroy or de-identify the information (provided it is lawful to do so).
What information will Bargains4078 give you when it collects personal information?
Bargains4078 is required by Privacy Law to take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of certain information when it collects personal information about you. For example, we are required to:
- make sure you are aware that we have collected the information (if we collect it from a third party without your knowledge);
- identify any law that authorises or requires collection of the information;
- let you know the purposes for which we collect the information, the entities that the information is likely to be disclosed to and whether the information will be transferred outside Australia; and
- When personal information is collected via the Bargains4078 website or any affiliate website that Bargains4078 may advertise on, a statement is displayed or a link provided to a statement that sets out the information we are required to provide.
- A statement containing the required information is printed on the sign-up page of most of the standard forms we use to collect personal information.
- When you deal with us on the telephone, this information is given to you by the operator or via a recorded message.
If we collect personal information about you from a third party, we take reasonable steps to ensure you receive the information we are required to provide. However, we may do this by requiring the third party to provide the information, rather than us providing the information to you directly.
We may also include information about our collection of personal information in customer account statements, notices and other documents we give to our customers.
Bargains4078's use and disclosure of personal information
Where Bargains4078 collects personal information for a particular purpose, it may use and disclose the information for that purpose or another purpose that is related to that purpose (or that is directly related to that purpose in the case of sensitive information). For example:
- Personal information collected from you for the purpose of establishing or managing an account may be used and disclosed for related purposes such as identity verification, supplying and servicing a product, billing and collection in relation to the product and investigating and rectifying complaints or faults.
- Personal information collected for the purpose of establishing or managing an account may also be used for the purpose marketing of other Bargains4078 products and services. Bargains4078 may contact prospective, current or past customers about products and services (including products not related to a product or service previously supplied).
Bargains4078 may use personal information about prospective, current and past customers for the purpose of direct marketing of Bargains4078 products and services or those of other organisations. Direct marketing communications may be sent via post, e-mail, telephone, door to door canvassing, social media sites or other means. However:
- Bargains4078 will not use sensitive information for direct marketing purposes without your consent.
- Unless you have provided consent, or we think it is impracticable to obtain your consent, Bargains4078 will not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes where we have obtained the personal information from a third party, or we have collected it directly from you but believe that you would not reasonably expect the information to be used for direct marketing.
- Whenever we communicate with you for direct marketing purposes, we will give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving further direct marketing communications from Bargains4078.
- You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from Bargains4078 at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or calling 07 38794495 or 0411401538.
- If we use your personal information to facilitate direct marketing by other organisations on behalf of other organisations, you can ask us to provide the source of the information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 07 38794495 or 0411401538.
- Personal information about Bargains4078 staff, agents, affiliates and service providers is used and may be disclosed for the purpose of managing the relationship with the staff member or other entity.
Personal information may also be disclosed to third party agents and service providers who Bargains4078 engages to assist in the provision of products and services. These include:
- Delivery agents and courier service providers;
- sales agents and representatives;
- organisations that process banking transactions;
- organisations that process debt collection;
- printers, mail distributors, couriers and dispatch centres;
- IT service providers and data managers;
- legal, accounting, insurance and business advisory consultants services
Bargains4078 may also disclose personal information without consent as authorised by privacy law for a range of other purposes, including:
- where necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to health or safety;
- for law enforcement or crime prevention purposes;
- for the investigation of unlawful activity;
- for location of missing persons; and
- for use in legal proceedings or dispute resolution.
In situations other than those described above, Bargains4078 will not disclose personal information without the customer's consent (although consent may be implied).
How does Bargains4078 protect your personal information?
Bargains4078 recognises the importance of protecting your personal information and of ensuring that it is complete, accurate, up-to-date and relevant.
When you call Bargains4078, we check the details we hold about you are correct and to update them if required.
While some of the personal information we collect is held in hardcopy form, most personal information is stored in electronic databases.
We have extensive processes in place to ensure that our information systems and files are kept secure from unauthorised access and interference
Dealing with Bargains4078 on-line
We store the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer when you visit our site. This information is used only to create broad demographic summaries of where our users come from. Our use of these IP addresses, however, does not go so far as to identify the actual users of the site.
We collect personal information about the other websites that are visited by computers that are used to visit our site. This information may be aggregated to provide us with information about the types of webpages and websites, or particular webpages and websites, visited by computers that use our site.